Here is why…
If your fitness business is under 1 million in revenue you don’t need an agency to run your marketing.
Now, you might think that it is strange considering the name of my business is called Fitness Marketing Agency.
Surely I would be promoting an agency model and telling you to hire us right?
Hear me out for a second, this is important.
The two Initial skills that every business should learn and master is:
(1) The ability to sell their product / service.
(2) The ability to market that said product / service.
Regardless of what industry your business is in, you need to lean how to sell and market.
You can’t just hide your head in the sand and be the technician the whole time.
Side note: Now of course learning how the financials in your business work is also super important but you first need to make money, which is why sales and marketing are the drivers.
Most of you reading this are at a significant level in your fitness business and have been in the industry for many years so you’ve most probably thought about outsourcing your marketing to an agency or marketing consultant.
Here are 3 reasons why you shouldn’t:
(1) Most major agencies charge upwards of 5,000 – 100,000 a month retainer and independent fitness businesses are not their target market.
(1a) This means they are not experts in marketing fitness.
(2) Most people that work in agencies have no real life experience in marketing. They’ve studied it at uni or completed an online course which means they are simply gambling your money (advertising budget) away.
(3) Many agencies charge you a big fee and then outsource to the Philippines and pay those workers $5 an hour. Your marketing might have had spelling mistakes, does not match your brand, you can’t actually speak to anyone because of the time difference and potential language barrier.
(4) Most agencies are great at branding. This is great if you are a multinational brand which has million of dollars but sucks if you are a small business. Small businesses don’t needed branding, they need sales. Simple.
(5) Marketing is only part of running a fitness business. Other things like staffing, operations, service delivery, customer services, financials and much more as you know take up your time.
Marketing agencies don’t help with that.
So you might be asking yourself…
If I don’t hire an agency for help with my marketing what should I do instead?
Well the answer is you need to learn it, you need to roll your sleeves up and do the work, you don’t just need leads you will need much more than that.
At the Fitness Marketing Agency we don’t do it all for you.
We run a hybrid model and we also coach you on what you need to do with your marketing each month, plus much more.
So you potentially get results like this fitness business owner has.
Three days, 114 enquiries at a cost per lead of £0.48.